2. What's your favorite food?: I don't think I can pick just one. Right now I'm quite fond of chocolate milkshakes, pears, avocado on toast, baked potatoes, and pasta with browned butter and mizithra cheese.
3. White bread or whole wheat?: Whole wheat--preferably the kind with nuts and seeds and stuff. Yum!
4. What's for breakfast?: Cereal with milk, avocado or hard boiled egg on toast, or Big Franks on toast with mustard and butter. And sliced fruit or sometimes juice.
5. You're making a Dagwood sandwich. What's in it?: I don't know. I prefer a reuben, club, or avocado and cheese with mayo.
6. What's on your pizza?: Tomato sauce, cheese, and olives. Or pesto, sliced potatoes, and garlic (the You Say Potato at Escape from NY.) Or pepperoni. Or gorgonzola, sun-dried tomatoes, capers and smoked salmon. But usually olives.
7. Coffee, tea, milk, or soda?: Almost always water. Soda sometimes when I'm eating out.
8. Dark, milk, or white chocolate?: Most often milk, sometimes dark. I don't really dig white chocolate. It isn't chocolate!
9. Teetotal, beer, wine, or hard liquor?: I hate beer and generally dislike wine, and I'm practically a teetotaler but I'll have a vodka-containing drink once or twice a year, socially.
10. Does cilantro taste like citrus, or like soap?: Neither. It tastes spicy.
11. Is chorizo the greatest thing ever or is it totally disgusting?: Ummm... I think I may have had veggie chorizo as an ingredient in some hippie scramble once or twice. Is it spicy?
12. Do you use garlic like a vegetable or like a spice?: There is no such thing as too much garlic. So, vegetable, I guess.
13. Onions: raw, cooked, or not at all?: Raw on a hamburger. Cooked in anything that calls for them. Yum! (I used to hate them as a kid.)
14. Does broccoli taste sweet or bitter?: A little bitter, cooked. I prefer it raw, dipped in ranch dressing or vinegar, or on a salad.
15. How do you feel about fish?: I like the white, flaky, non-fishy kind, especially in fish & chips. I like salmon smoked or baked but not raw. I don't eat fish that are bottom feeders or don't have scales, so no catfish or swordfish for me. I also don't eat shellfish.
16. How about sushi?: I *LOVE* vegetarian sushi; I don't eat raw fish.
17. Fave ethnic cuisine?: Bethy had a great answer to this one pointing out the problematic term "ethnic cuisine." Good point, Bethy. Applying the commonly-accepted North American usage of this term, I'll say that if I had to pick just one I'd probably pick ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that's a hard one. Thai, Mexican, Italian, or Burmese. But I also love Indonesian, Chinese, Greek, Dutch, Lebanese (and all Middle Eastern, really), Ethiopian... pretty much everything I've ever tried. And I haven't tried all the "ethnic" cuisines yet.
18. What's your favorite fruit?: Nectarines, pears, pineapple. I love a lot of fruits though.
19. Cheese - thumbs up or thumbs down? How about blue cheese?: I love a lot of cheeses, especially smoked gouda and salty cheeses like halloumi and mizithra. Blue cheese has its place. I'm not a fan of super strong gamey flavored goat cheeses.
20. Finally, favorite dessert?: The chocolatey-er, the better.